skulls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

skulls

the skulls forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Allies and Enemies
Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:26 pm by green

» Chatroom for S~C
Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:05 pm by WARRIOR

» Academy test request
Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:06 am by Guest

» when your active
Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:27 pm by jstblv

» ...END (War)...
Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:11 pm by green

» REMEMBERANCE DAY
Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:08 pm by green

» chat.................
Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:18 am by REGULATER77

» Skull Guards ChatRoom
Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:59 pm by REGULATER77

» War.......
Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:40 pm by jerry90

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Poll

Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nick pearson
Admin
nick pearson

Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Empty
PostSubject: Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then   Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:48 am

Depending on what your building, a typical experienced player will have a village at around 9000 pts. Below is why that is...

Offensive Village

HQ 24
Barracks 24 < never seen the point in building to 25
Stables 20
Workshop 10
Academy 1
Rally point 1
Market 20
Smithy 20
Timber camp 30
Clay pit 30
Iron mine 30
Farm 30
Warehouse 30
Hiding place 0
Wall 20

Axes: 9000
Light Cavs: 2500
Mounted Cavs: 0 - unless the defender uses masses of archers pointless
Rams: 250
Cats: 30 - target and take out rally points

Defensive village

HQ 20 < as above
Barracks 24 < as above
Stables 20
Workshop 2
Academy 1
Rally point 1
Market 21
Smithy 20
Timber camp 30
Clay pit 30
Iron mine 30
Farm 30
Warehouse 30
Hiding place 0
Wall 20

Swords: 3500
Spears: 4500
Archers: 4500
Scouts: 1000
Heavy Cavs: 1000 < beautiful defensive and fast around the board as well

Another take on troops...

A base model for a defensive villages is:

3000 - 4500 spears AND swords
2500 - 3500 archers
1000 scouts
1000 HC
8 - rams (for faking)

and for offensive (a typical nuke village looks like this):

5000 - 7000 axes
2000 - 3000 LC
250 - 275 rams

You can play around with the numbers but primarily make only those units. You can toss in MAs where needed but I'd stay away from using HC as an offensive unit despite their good stats. They're better for defense.

Last edited by nick pearson on Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://theskulls.forumotion.net
nick pearson
Admin
nick pearson

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then   Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:49 am

Points are the key. It is not about how many points you have, it is about how many villages, how many troops and how much you farm. This is strictly about village build.

Always remember that points are a handicap. The more points you have, the more handicap you have against smaller players (thanks to morale). You want to keep certain buildings as low as possible without sacrificing the capacity you need your village to be at.

Below is my village build along with explinations. Check my villages and you should see that they all have equal point value:

Village Headquarters (Level 20)

There is absolutly no reason to go higher than lvl 20. Village HQ is a point whore in itself. You gain nothing of value when you go above level 20 with your village HQ. The time spent leveling your HQ up past 20 is a good chunk of the additional time you would spend building the others up to appropriate levels. Also, the resources can be used for something useful like TROOPS. After you take a village and after the other buildings are where they need to be in level, this is the first thing you demolish back down to level 20.

Barracks (Level 25)

You want your barracks at maximum level. Period. Speed is of the essence, a higher level here equals your ability to pump out troops faster. A level 25 barracks gives you a little extra speed from the level 24 even though it says it is the same percentage. Any extra speed you get to rebuild troops is that much faster you are going to be able to send that nuke out.

Stable (Level 20)

You want your stable at maximum level. Period. Speed is of the essence, a higher level here equals your ability to pump out troops faster.

Workshop (Level 5)

There is no troop build or reason of any kind to have this higher than level 5. You could go with level 3, but the point difference is minimal between 3 and 5. An offensive nuke should not consist of more than 300 rams (I use 250 to 300 personally). You will get your max amount of ram/catapult before you are finished getting the appropriate amount of any barracks/stable troops.

Academy (Level 1)

Duh... you want to pump out coins, right?

Smithy (Level 20)

I max this out to maintain a point balance between vils.

Rally point (Level 1)

Duh...

Statue (Level 1)

The points are minimal, and gives me the flexability to put a pally wherever I want it to be. Again, point balance betwen vils.

Market (Level 18) Merchants: 74/74 (personal preference)

This one is open to discretion, but I rarely need to transport materials. No point in trading... but this gives me enough to have 10 vils send a vil full resources if needed.

Timber camp (Level 30)

We want this maxed for obvious reasons.

Clay pit (Level 30)

Iron mine (Level 30)

Farm (Level 30)

Warehouse (Level 30) on 10.09. at 08:20

I used to go with a level 30 warehouse, but it does make it easier for someone like me who only checks in once or twice a day most times of the week.

Wall (Level 20)

Hiding Place (level ?)

I go with a level 10 hiding place on this one. It can easily be debated that it is good to have a small reserve in the event that you are wiped to get walls building immedietly. I personally would rather save on the points, but the points are not a huge deal either way here. Your call on this one.

Now, I spoke a few times about balancing of points. You want all villages to have the same point value regardless if it is defensive or offensive. Why? So the enemy can not easily determine which is an offensive nuke and which is a defensive trap.
Back to top Go down
jerry90

jerry90

PostSubject: villages and markets   Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:05 am

i think keeping your market as small as possible is the way to go. they take up alot of resource to build once you get up in levels, and they also take alot of men. offensive or defense, the more men you have the stronger you will be. build up hq and resources as fast as possible.
Back to top Go down
nick pearson
Admin
nick pearson

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then   Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:07 am

yeah but level 10 is a must to get your noble i norm stop there
Back to top Go down
jerry90

jerry90

PostSubject: merchant   Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:29 am

can you get a noble, then take down your merchant? hiding place is a person whore as well. what do you need in levels to get a noble?
Back to top Go down
nick pearson
Admin
nick pearson

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then   Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:33 am

20hq 20smith and 10 market then to get a noble u will need to have your wood clay iron at 25 min and wh 25 but try max out at 30 befor u get your fist one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then   Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not sure what to do with your village? Take a look then
Page 1 of 1